Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Letter Challenge Day 4 - Sibling

Dear Ninja,

You're dope....as fuck. I wonder if you know that the way I do. I feel like I've written this letter time and time again just in different forms but, here it is again. In all the ways I've developed this creativity, majority of it was from your influence. So when you boast about your talented little sister who does this and does that, I hope you understand that's all from YOU. You, like mommy, drive me crazy sometimes....not as much as she does, and truthfully since we've gotten older really not much at all. You do play the occasional "mommy" role sometimes and I have to admit I want to throw rocks at your glasses but I know it's because you're concerned. You mean the world to me and I hate to see you in pain. I know it festers deep inside of you because every red moon it surfaces and I wish I could help you defeat it...but I can't. That's up to you. You deserve to be happy and in order to get there I think it's necessary for you to let go of your past. Let go of all the things that ever made you question yourself and all the things that put fear or pain in your heart. The longer you hold on...the longer you await the peace. I will never feel what you've felt but in my own naive way, I can relate, I want you to know that. You are one of the most genuine individuals I've ever come across and I'm proud to call you my older sister. I love the way we connect and our random in depth conversations about WHATEVER. You...are dope...as fuck. I love you regardless of the ways I show it. I think the whole family has come to realize that I'm kind of stuck in my own head, yet...you continue to support me on every path I walk...I couldn't ask for more. I don't really know where or who i'd be if it wasn't for you. You are my biggest supporter and I hope I am or can be yours.

Love, Momma's baby

No comments: