Saturday, August 8, 2009

My city ain't my city.

Los Angeles....ain't my city. I'd get it tatted on me but, Los Angeles just ain't my city. This is not where I belong. I've inhaled this air... I've feared these streets.... I've lost my way and I've witnessed the repeat. I feel limited.... I suppose that's my fault....everything is what you make it right? Yea well... I don't want to "make" Los Angeles. Ooohhh New York, New York!!! Why must your streets be filled with snow during winter season? Aaahh If I could just pick up and go... New York, New York I swear I'd be on my way. I want to start over, somewhere new. I want to discover new people, new emotions, new late nights with nothing to do. Aah If I could just pick up and go... New York.... I swear I'd be on my way. My city just ain't my city...

-SydniMichael

1 comment:

deonna said...

you took the words right outta my mind. i'm from LA too. and it's just NOT for me. i also feel like NY is where i need to be. i think i might just pick up and go, after i finish undergrad. so, yeah... just know you're not the only one.

-D