Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ideas Crave Light Too.

I look at my pictures and then I look at all of theirs and I see this progress with theirs. I see depth of field and perfect exposure and great black and white composition and this... and of course that.. and then I look at my pictures and I see.... hahahaha.. fuck it what do I see?!! Is there any progress in my work or am I just winging it..? If you can even consider what i'm doing.."winging it." Sometimes.. I'll create something and feel.....really good about it.. like... damn Syd... this is nice.... I'll see some other upcoming photog post something new and i'm like... damn... wait... IS mine good? ..shit..... cause his is... GREAT. smh....why do I doubt myself so? I guess I find myself ocassionally looking for my work to be accepted by society's standards of "GREAT" but.... when I really think about it... FUCK society... I'm here to go against it. I'm here to create... not to modernize or... gentrify what's already been done. Now... it's just a matter of me taking my creations and perfecting them. I have these ideas...these colors and shapes that make their way around my insides and my only desire is to show them to all of you.

No comments: