Sunday, August 10, 2008

Robotic Love



We discussed love and relationships and his points were as valid and as real as your favorite philosopher. "We are robots and we don't even see it." Not acting on what we feel in our hearts but instead on what society and technology has provided for us. How do we give someone our all when we don't even know what our all consists of? As we continue to play the game of love, we fail to realize that someone eventually has to loose. Fear of being that one, we continue to lie, manipulate, and decieve, to only end up in the place we feared being the most.... lost and most likely alone. If the game doesn't exist, there's no competition. In real love, there is no competition. I moved to the beat of my own drum once before. I sang merily until I heard someone else's song. The notes in my song soon began to disappear and I could no longer feel my own music but I felt everyone else's. The only thing was, everyone's song sounded the same.
Their bass lines beat in unison. Flipping through the book of songs I sporatically came across music I had never heard before, music that lifted my spirits fore I was bored with the same hip hop melody. Towards the end of the book a blank page rests, waiting to be filled with the unheard and each day a new note graces my thoughts and I am able to let go and let life. I'm beginning to hear my own song and the hip hop melody plays in the background as a reminder of everything I am not. My soulmate shall play his own song so that when there is a collaboration, the music will be refreshing and unlike anything anyone's ever heard of. The music will be real and so shall our love.



"I'm tired of using technology..."



peaceofmind

-SydniMichael

No comments: