Never offer your heart to someone who eats hearts
who find heartmeat delicious
but not rare
who sucks the juices drop by drop
and bloody-chinned
grins like a God.
Never offer your heart
to a heart gravy lover.
Your stewed, overseasoned
heart consumed
he will sop up your grief with bread
and send it shuttling
from side to side
in his mouth
like bubblegum.
If you find yourself in love
with a person who eats hearts
these things
you must do:
Freeze your heart immediately,
Let him—next time he examines your chest—
find your heart cold, flinty and unappetizing.
Refrain from kissing
lest he in revenge
dampen the spark
in your soul.
Now, sail away to Africa
where holy women
await you on the shore—
long having practiced the art
of replacing hearts
with God and Song
-Alice Walker.
So... I never really know who reads my blogs... who ever REALLY pays attention...except for the "followers" maybe...if even them. The other day I got a message from my sister's girlfriend about a blog I wrote a few days ago titled "NUMB." she probably hit me with some of the BEST advice i've gotten from anyone about this situation yet. I almost broke down cause everything she wrote was sooo true. She kinda made me feel worthy... which is rare for me. She sent me the poem above and I've gotta say it hits home. So for anyone who's struggling with what I happen to be going through... read it over and over...i'm sure it'll speak to you in some way. I know it's inspirational for me. I told you guys i'd get some good advice out of posting my business on this shit lol. The love is appreciated... to know that someone cares enough to share their experiences or their opinion...feels good. Every time I get hurt... I usually build another layer to block off any emotion that i may possibly exude to the next guy. I realize that, that's not healthy... and it's ruining possible chances of something that could be beautiful with someone. Something she also told me was... "when you begin dating again, do it with an open heart and mind. one rule i always tried to keep was i'm not gonna let somebody who did not care enough about me wreck my future." -La
Ha! That's so real. I had never heard it that way before....definitely put it in a different perspective for me. Sooo.. i wuna say thanks to La cause she definitely lifted my spirits with that message :)
Anyway... my days are looking better. Skies are blue although it's raining and... i've come to the conclusion that NOTHING is impossible. I'm preparing myself for an interesting year. '2009' is everything I never expected so far. People keep coming at me with... "are you ready?.... i don't think you're ready .... do you think you're ready for this?" lmao.. well...my only answer for that is.... we didn't come into this world "ready." life is basically thrown at us... and it's our job to GET READY. soooo....i'll continue to smile cause I know God will never pass me anything I can't handle. The fucking END.

-SydniMichael
1 comment:
i love that poem. its so graphic but nice
Post a Comment