I wish I could put into words how big of an effect this song has on me at this point in my life. I love gospel music so it's not impossible for me to get the message from any other gospel song but THIS song... I mean... they really reached out with this one. Mary Mary definitely switched up their style to target a younger audience and I think they did a splendiferous job. The beat is hard as fuck so u know they're working with some new producers, cause their last album was strictly church gospel. This is a song i don't mind bumping in the Honda cruising down the Shaw...yea boooy.. i be all into this shit.. singing...eyes closed... head boppin' lol. It's crazy cause I'm going through a spiritual...hmm... I won't say crisis but.. I'm a little confused on how I should be living spiritually. I mean... should I not be smoking, drinking, fucking? I'm a good girl with good intentions. I don't do people shady.. I have a good heart... I pray.. is that not enough? Should I be in church with halfway like-minded God worshippers as myself? I don't really know. Ever since my father and I have begun talking again... the issue of church has risen...of course...cause if u know me then u know my dad is mr.Holy himself. I just have this big issue with RELIGION, and if I go to church... that's all i'm going to be surrounded by it seems. Like.. this is RIGHT..that's WRONG.. don't do THIS.. do THAT...don't say THAT... say THIS... be HERE...stay away from THERE. Maybe I should ever so often go to church just to hear the word... just to get some type of enlightenment, just to connect with him and people who follow him. Anyway... this song...I think it's quite inspirational and it's really got me wanting to make some changes. (all i ever do is ATTEMPT to make changes) But yea...I think I need to get my head in the bible and my hands in the air.
A few lyrics...
You see her style you think she's nice
you look at her whip you say the whip tight
You look at her crib you thinkin' she paid
you look at her life you think she's got it made
but everything she got the girl's been givin'
She calls it a blessing but you call it living
When it comes to money, she can be a hero
She writes them checks with a whole lot of zeros
But what you don't know is when she gets home
and gets behind closed doors man she hits the floor
and what you can't see is she's on her knees
And if you ask her she'll tell ya
It's the God in me
you think I'm so fresh you think I'm so clean
You think I'm so sweet It's the God in me
God is in, in me you see
What is it you think you see
when you see me, you see me?
You don't know how much I pray
don't know how much I gave
don't know how much I've changed
I'm just tryna explain
It's the God in me
you think I'm so fresh you think I'm so clean
You think I'm so sweet It's the God in me
God is in, in me you see
-SydniMichael
1 comment:
gurl i so thought i was tha only 1! i gotta big ego so ppl think i really b feelin myself n im like "but wut u dont kno is when i get home n get bhind closed doors man i hit tha floor n wut dey cant c is im on my knees n if ya me i'll tell ya ITS THA GOD N ME!" CLEARLY I DONT DO DIS ALONE n dis song jus puts it out there love it! its currently 1 of my "stay strong" songs funny thang is most of mary mary's joints hav been on dat list 4 me
Post a Comment