Monday, March 16, 2009

Are you my daddy?

I'd love to hold your hand... I'd like to call you baby.
I'd like to lie in bed with you but yet there's just one maybe.
Maybe that won't happen cause I can't seem to get past...
When I see you, I see my dad and boy was he an ass.
I'm sure you're a good father, believe he was one too.
The love he had for his kids, his women never knew.
His words were beyond ear pleasing.
His lies felt like the truth.
Mentally he'd fly them away.
Kinda just like you.
But what about loyalty?
And other things that matter...
Why is it I feel like i've stepped underneath the ladder?
Caught up in the fishnet, I struggled to wiggle free.
But now my fin is out of the hole and I'm crawling back to sea.
I care to be your friend... cause with you I show my teeth.
My dad was funny too.... but not enough for me to keep.
I suppose if I forgive him... my suspicions will be set free.
But i can't date a man who reminds me of my daddy.


-SydniMichael

No comments: