Saturday, May 17, 2008

Grasping Loss

The cycle is circular and in circles I am turning.
I can feel my heart burning from the pain I am learning.
You taught me love and then pushed me into a coma,
forcing me to forget how good it feels to love and be loved in return.
Couldn't imagine my life without you but it seems as though that's the life im living.
You are the piece that's missing.
Erasing thoughts so I can climb over you but they are continuously rewritten.
You are continuously rewritten.
By the poisonous snake I have been bitten.
Realized it was love when no one else compared.
With no one coming close all i desire is your overdose
but instead she has stolen my needle.
She embraces the high I desperately crave.
The worst part is... it's all due to convenience.
We both know what we can hold is heavier than any mountain.
Mountains can't be moved and neither could we...
until convenience walked in and you took the easy path and forgot about me.
Im lost.
You're what I need but can't have.
I'm what you need but won't grasp.
We have natural affinity and go beyond compatibility.
As bad as I yearn to let go... I can't stop loving you.
Your bad timing will break you once you've realized we belong.
Although I may not come running back, from you i shall never move on...
_SMD_



2 comments:

Laina Christine said...

Ooo shit. I feel this in the depths of my soul. Thanks for saying what I have yet to release from my being.
Kudos!!

BeautifullyAnita said...

Wow sydni! This poem is fucking beautiful! it seriously made me cry because i feel it! It's everything i feel within my heart but cant seem to express..... your a beautiful writer girl!