Monday, January 12, 2009

Ventilation Farewell



I asked God to make me pretty, but instead he made me, ME. At night I catch myself praying for this to be temporary. Who am I, who is she? What is it that makes her so worthy? Good intentions with a mind covered in insanity. Can't except the truth cause I lied to Me. Too long, bred in the city of lights and sidewalk stars...with no preparation let myself fall too far. Mad cause I ain't got an expensive car, would drink my envy away but too young to sit at the bar. I am not like them at all, I can not compare... hazel eyes, crooked smile, semi-nappy hair. Sky scrapers and I play hand games as we watch cars crash. Toes point at eachother as pigeons gather and laugh. The children keep screaming but the silence is too loud and my feet won't move fast enough to get me out of this crowd. I cut myself to see if I was still alive, my blood ran blue... I opened my eyes to watch the city cry as the oxygen flew. The air isn't breathing the people are fleeting a sense of fulfillment meets me with a warm greeting.

-SydniMichael

No comments: